STATE OF THE ART SURGICAL FACILITY
We are closely aligned with the on-site Elmwood Park Same Day Surgery Center. This center has been designed to provide quality care in a warm and personalized setting for those people whose surgical needs do not require an overnight hospital stay. At Elmwood Park Same Day Surgery your surgeon is supported by a highly skilled team of anesthesiologists, nurses and other medical personnel specially trained in outpatient surgical and recovery care.
Elmwood Park Same Surgery Center specializes in a wide variety of outpatient surgical procedures. The specialties included are Orthopedics, ENT, Podiatry, General Surgery, Gynecology, Urology, Plastic Surgery, Ophthalmology, and Pain Management.
(Outpatient Surgery Suite)
EXCLUSIVELY OUTPATIENT SURGERY
Because a hospital must be staffed and equipped to treat all types of medical problems, it provides a broader range of services than your current needs require. Elmwood Park Same Day Surgery Center is designed exclusively for outpatient surgery. As a result, they are able to offer patients a convenient and comfortable surgical experience.
The center’s warm surroundings and individualized attention by qualified healthcare professionals minimizes the stress often associated with surgery in a hospital setting. You will be released within hours of your surgery to complete your recovery in the comfort of your home.
(Outpatient Surgery Suite)
WHAT TO EXPECT
You will be given an arrival time of approximately 45 minutes prior to your surgery to allow for admitting. A receptionist will process the needed admission and insurance information. You will need to sign a consent form acknowledging your permission for the surgeon to operate. You will be asked to change into a surgical gown prior to surgery. A nurse will take your temperature, pulse and blood pressure. The anesthesiologist will talk with you about your anesthetic and an IV may be started in your arm.
After surgery, our nurses will move you to our fully equipped recovery room where you will remain under observation until you are ready to go home. When you are ready for discharge, the nurse or doctor will explain all postoperative instructions and prescriptions. Any questions you have after surgery should be directed to your surgeon. It is normal to feel drowsy after receiving an anesthetic. Therefore it is recommended that you postpone the following activities for 24 hours after discharge:
- Driving or operating equipment
- Signing important papers
- Making significant decisions
- Drinking alcoholic beverages
(patient preparation and recovery area)
Careful attention to the following instructions will help ensure your comfort and reduce the possibility of complications:
- DO NOT DRINK OR EAT ANYTHING (including water, chewing gum, and hard candy) after midnight on the morning of your surgery. Undigested food in the stomach can cause complications, and your surgery is likely to be canceled if you do not follow this instruction.
- BATHE OR SHOWER the morning of the surgery to minimize the chance of infection.
- IF YOU SUSPECT THAT YOU ARE PREGNANT please notify your surgeon and anesthesiologist. Anesthesia and medications may be harmful to the developing fetus.
- IF YOU DEVELOP A COLD, SORE THROAT, FEVER, etc., please notify your surgeon.
- REMOVE ALL MAKE-UP, NAIL POLISH, AND JEWELRY. We also suggest that you wear loose comfortable clothing. During your surgery, you will wear a patient gown and slippers provided by the center.
- A RESPONSIBLE ADULT MUST DRIVE YOU HOME! For your safety and protection, you will not be allowed to leave the center without a responsible adult to accompany you. Failure to make the necessary arrangements could result in canceled surgery.
- IF TAKING MEDICATIONS please consult your physician, or the surgery center staff as to what medications, if any, should be taken the day of surgery.
Hugar Foot & Ankle Specialists include board-certified podiatric surgeons who specialize in the treatment of foot and ankle pathology, injuries and diseases. Our practice offers outpatient surgery procedures, on-site digital X-Ray testing, custom foot & ankle orthotics, advanced wound care methods, shockwave EPAT treatments, LASER surgery, and physical therapy services.